It's all about me

Friday 29 June 2007

Voices like angels + dominos pizza + autographs = weirdness



I got some more great photos from the night I sang for the PM.... I'm so so happy that I insisted on getting a group photo with the kids. They did SO well and made me so proud.... Fantastic bunch of kids!



Then yesterday (day before yesterday actually - Wednesday), I went to the school to have lunch with the kids... walked into the hall to raucous greeting of "HELLO MISS ******* / AUNTIE *******. SO cute la! The company that had organised the PM's event that we performed at, had prepared these little plaques and certificates for each of the kids. As you can imagine they were thrilled. We also watched our performance on DVD of which they each got a copy. I forget how giggly kids are.... they couldnt stop laughing with/ at each other when they saw themselves on the projector.



We then feasted together on yummy dominos pizza and chicken wings, washed down with gallons of coke and sprite. I got to try for the very first time a very strange pizza "dessert"

pizza base + banana slices + pandan paste = YUCK YUCK EEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOO YUCK

With all that done, I think the sugar started to kick into the kids... they decided unanimously it was time to mob me for my autograph.... which honestly... totally weirded me out!!! Wat a feeling and strange experience.

Boogalooboo's head "'me? me? you want my autograph? oh sh*t! wat do i write? how do i sign ? like i sign a cheque? credit slip? but it could be forged? eh? crazy fool, they're just kids!! so how?? wat now? me? are they sure? *SHY* cant believe this is happening. *overwhelmed* "'

photos to show the weirdness and shyness :-









I felt great at the end of the day. The kids gave me my first real sense of achievement with my music... I have fans!!!! there's hope for me yet....

No comments: