It's all about me

Saturday 16 June 2007

I AM MALAYSIA

Well the event came and went like a heartbeat. Before I knew it, it was all over!! I was commissioned to write a song with lyrics to celebrate Malaysia's 50 years of independence. The Song is called I AM MALAYSIA. And Thursday June 14th 2007 was the night I sang it for the Prime Minister.



It was a very high echalon business function. Held in the Sabah Room of the Shangri-La Hotel. Hosted by The Kuala Lumpur Business Club, this evening for held for Pak Lah and the opening act was to be me performing the song backed by a choir of 40 children including grand children and great grand children of our past PMs as well as one of Pak Lah's grandchildren. Heartfelt.

As it is my day had started early (appearance with Dad on NTV7's Breakfast Show with Naz and Leya). Sound check was scheduled at 4pm but of course everything was running late...


ARENT THEY CUTE!


GREAT ENERGY AND THIS IS JUST AT REHEARSAL!


My 3 soloists


The kids were great at rehearsal and after only 3 run throughs it was time for us all to get ready...



I was to wear Baju Kurong (of course) and was dressed in fabric design by PINK JAMBU and inspired by the Malaysian flag. Honestly - I loved my outfit. I felt patriotic the moment I stepped into it (not that I'm not already patriotic) - and it most certainly quelled my greatest nightmare of having to get up on stage with the flag wrapped around me!! (sparking memories of our great Sudirman, but that was back in the 80s)

Everyone at the function got a copy of the song to take away with them

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi there. where can i listen to the song... & the lyrics? :)