It's all about me

Monday 14 June 2010

The Promise

I am a HUGE Bjork fan and "Unison" off her "Verspertine" album inspired this song of mine...

Lyrically, in terms of construction it is a little more abstract. The asymmetry of the verse melody line lends itself to being more abstract too.

This exercise has given me a completely new insight to song writing which I look forward to exploring more.



THE PROMISE

I cannot be all that you want of me
It isn't as easy as 1,2,3
I can't promise to be the change
Exactly all of your dreams you will see in me

I'll always give what you ask me for

We can work it out this time
We will make 'each other', 'mine'
'We', the poetry that rhymes
Love will see us through this time

Love sensibly and you will never feel
This burning insecurity
We can promise to be ourselves honestly
And to fulfill all our needs gracefully

I'll always give what you ask me for

We can work it out this time
We will make 'each other', 'mine'
'We', the poetry that rhymes
Love will see us through this time

(c) Melissa Indot / Boogaloo Music Publishing

1 comment:

Unknown said...

colourful so much x