It's all about me

Tuesday 25 May 2010

Can you surrender to Happiness?


Today after my early morning run, I came home and started my usual routine of checking emails and facebook.

Within 2 minutes I discovered that friends of mine whom I thought were well on their way to joining the world of 'engaged-to-be-married' people, had in fact split up.

Moments later I read the news of another couple's engagement...

Yesterday Mum told me about a friend of the family, not far off my age, who was recently diagnosed with cancer. My brother spoke to her the day before yesterday to ask how everything was going, to which she responded :

"Not Good"

She passed away yesterday morning.

This is exactly what life is all about - unpredictability.

The sooner we come to terms with it , the better.

The things / people we hold closest to us can be gone within seconds - so we must remember to treasure each moment that we have. I try to see it as :

* GIVING IN TO HAPPINESS *

'cos by letting go of our fears, insecurities & all negative / pessimistic ideals, we inadvertently invite happiness into our hearts & minds

But it's easier said than done eh!

In the words of Aimee Mann, there is no time like the present to 'Wise Up' up folks - or at least TRY to :)



WISE UP
It's not.. what you thought...When you first... began it.
You got... what you want...Now you can hardly stand it.
Though, by now you know
It's not going to stop...It's not going to stop...It's not going to stop
Till you wise up.

You're sure... there's a cure...And you have finally found it.
You think... one drink...Will shrink you to...
Your underground and living down, but
It's not going to stop...It's not going to stop...It's not going to stop
Till you wise up.

Prepare a list for what you need,
Before you sign away the deed,

'Cause it's not going to stop...It's not going to stop...It's not going to stop
Till you wise up.
No, it's not going to stop
Till you wise up.
No, it's not going to stop
So just give up.

No comments: