It's all about me

Wednesday 23 April 2008

RELISHing every moment of WILLIAMSBURGer

... so continue on from my last entry, in order to aid recovery from bumping into Mr Wetlands in Brooklyn Museum of Art (He having travelled from London to be in NY for 3 nights, and I having travelled from KL) we found ourselves at a diner (resembling a aluminium bread box) called RELISH, in an area in Brooklyn called Williamsburg - Bjorkfan described this area to be "tragically hip" but more "tragic" than "hip"... *OUCH*. My take on Williamsburg? A bit like Hoxton or Shoreditch or perhaps Dalston in London about 5 years ago....

RELISH (like being in a tin box)


Bjorkfan & the camera-shy Mr. Wetlands

... this would be the 3rd day in a row... yes, I said THIRD day - that i'm eating burger and fries and I have to say the meal at RELISH was FANTASTIC

Before Boogalooboo...
After Boogalooboo

After filling our bellies, we wandered around Williamsburg and these are 2 of my favourite pics...

Spot the error (I thought this only happened in Asia)

Yes these are shoes on the overhead wires. Bjork fan tells me that back in the day this was a sign from dealers to say drugs are available for sale in the area. These days kids just do it for a laugh. What a waste of a good pair of shoes...

Sadly after this we all parted ways - Mr. Wetlands to catch his flight back to London; Bjorkfan home to study and BMW6 to chill; Princess K back to the civility of Manhattan :P and Boogalooboo to my hotel to rest and prepare for NiNoNo's arrival :). The rest of the night flew by. NiNaNo walked through my room door within half and hour of returning... we caught up quickly, took a power nap, got ourselves all glammed up and made our way to meet HouseDancer and N.B.I.G. at a club Lotus in the MeatPacking/Garment District... Saturday nights @ Lotus is perfect for networking I am told and we certainly met a lot of people. Very friendly, very warm and incredibly welcoming. Of course it made a huge difference that we had N.B.I.G. & Housedancer introducing us to everyone.
I had promised NiNaNo that she'd have a huge first night.... the rest is history.... ;)

Welcome to the Big Apple NiNaNo!!!
The LOTUS Residents
N.B.I.G. & Boogalooboo

No comments: