It's all about me

Saturday 19 April 2008

Feeling HOT! HOT! HOT!

Part 2 – Friday 18th April 2008
Boy am I glad I hauled a$$ to the gym this morning cos I’ve done an awful lot of eating today… after rushing to finish off some work online after the gym .. I was way too late to navigate myself on the NY subway so indulged myself in a cab. US$15 later ugh!!




I find myself at Bleecker & Elizabeth and Bjorkfan comes running out of café to greet me… ☺ ☺ all round… last time we saw each other was December 07, which also happens to to be the first time we met!

The weather really could not have been more perfect. I brought a light jacket with me which was of completely no use to me. Clear blue skies, almost cloudless and a scorching sun to top it all off… around 78F I reckon. I very blurly followed let bjorkfan guide me to the subway and to purchase my week’s metrofare (US$25 gulp, but it will last me for a week) and then followed thru the gate and down the corridors and onto the train. The NY subway reminds me very much of the Paris Metro. ots of cold metal, old and almost Victorian. Very different to the London Underground which over the last 10 years has undergone serious renovation and modernization. Anyway, we yik-yakked til we arrived at our destination… and walked to Madison Avenue Park which is the location for the most famous burger joint in NYC (and it was pointed out to me that it is particularly famous among NYers). The name of this place – SHAKE SHACK.



Bjorkfan had warned me earlier that the queues, or rather ‘lines’ (American lingo) to this place are insane and there is even a webcam so that people can get online to check how long it is….. Yeah right I thought… cant be THAT long…. How wrong could I be…



BMW6series joined us in the line and we spent that time catching up… you see, everything happens for a reason ☺



Obviously with it being a burger joint, and it being called SHAKE shack.. you can guess wat our chosen beverage was… my personal choice was chocolate, bjorkfan went for Stwawbewwy and BMW6 went for black and white (choco and vanille combo)

The burgers were literally INHALED in seconds – delicious is an understatement.

BMW6 just couldnt wait to start eating her's *wink*

I couldn’t resist taking this pic of the gorgeous bjorkfan with the lovely daffs in the background. I love daffs – they remind me of summer at Boarding school in England.

ayoh.. so pretty-one lah

We said our goodbyes to BMW6 who had to rush back to work and then bjorkfan and I went on a stroll… we hit Broadway where I was fascinated by the FlatIron Building, one of the oldest buildings in NYC. It' so skinny... and it's skinny-ness reminded me of the Hilton and Meridien Hotels back home.


Then jumped onto the subway at Union Square to head back to Bjorkfan’s ‘hood near Bleecker.



I then got all domesticated with bjorkfan as we went to collect her drycleaning and laundry… hahahaha… she didn’t want me to blog this but TOO BAD!!! Here's t bjorkfan, the new reigning DOMESTIC GODDESS :p




We dumped the clean clothes and continued wandering round the village. As the weather was so amazing we decided not to waste it by staying couped up in museums. I love this area - So quaint and full of character. Lots of little shops and boutiques, small record shops, book shops, gift shops, nicknack shops… I love the fact that it’s low rise there… don’t feel so intimidated by the buildings. To quench ourselves from the heat (and all the talking we were doing!!!) Bjorkfan suggested we take a pitstop at PINKBERRY – a relatively new frozen Yoghurt joint in NY…. Yum yum scrum!




Lots of walking and talking today… spent every moment soaking in the atmosphere and this Boogalooboo loved every minute. There’s nothing like seeing New York with a born and bred New Yorker… Thank you Bjorkfan – can’t wait for the rest of my stay to continue (Gawd, that’s such BAD English!)

PHOTO OF THE DAY.... The number of this Silversmith is indeed...



Oh and last but by no means least.. I got a phone call from this man today....



This boogaloo needs to head back to the hotel for a rest… jet lag has not yet eluded me…

No comments: