It's all about me

Tuesday 22 April 2008

Layzeeee MoFo

I've let 3 whole days go by without updating my blog which is a MORTAL SIN cos it just makes life extremely difficult.... time is flying by here with so many things happening.... so I 'is' gonna be a real cop out and photo journal the last few days with the odd caption of emotional expression :P. Forgive me...

Saturday 19th - The day of surrealism and NiNaNo's arrival

Grilled marinated zucchini omelette is staring back at me today here at the Booklyn Heights Cafe that I've decided to explore on Montague Street. Some huge super sweet waffle dish was recommended to me but I just couldnt stomach it!
It's Springtime proper here. The treelined street is blossoming. Quaint. Different shades of bricked buildings are lined up outside.Varying architecture. This street is much like other 'local' streets - DIY stores, grocer, laundromat, book store, stationers, the odd high street label store. Cafes & Delis and burger joints of sorts. It's bustling. People chatting up on a saturday afternoon. Couples gazing into each other's eyes. Families bonding. Young families feeding their toddler children, some with babes in arms.
The sun is beating down on the clientele outside. There's a clown on stilts outside, holding a collection of colourful balloons.

The only person here other than me, dining alone, is an elderly man sitting at the table next to me. As I literally 'inhale' my lunch (it's my first meal since yesterday lunch time as my appetite is suffering from jetlag still) I enjoy watching people watching. Two things I've not done for the longest time - dine on my own, be in my own company. Me, myself and I. Nothing but Boogalooboo and her own thoughts - *scary concept*. It's a strange thing - allowing my mind to wander - and it's in situations like these - when alone but in a bustling environment - I find is best time to reflect.. wow... I still cant believe I'm here - Brooklyn, NYC. I cant believe I spoke to Russell Simmons yesterday. It's starting to sink in. No more excuses of lethargy and blurness as a result of jetlag - It's time to grab the bull by the horns!
I'll spend the early part of this afternnon exploring this area. From what I can see it's middle class, predominantly white, nice and friendly vibe, very family orientated - well that's my first take on this area.
Hopefully meet up with BMW6 and bjorkfan later. Housedancer has the day off today - rehearsing for Madonna is no easy task - gruelling in fact. The hardest to date in his opinion. But that's why her performances and dancers are the best in the world. I need to take a leaf out of her book...
Brooklyn Heights is calling Boogalooboo... i'm outta here..

"Check (cheque) please !!"

The Manhattan Skyline on the Brooklyn Heights Promenade

The Statue of Liberty


Subway on my own for the 1st time

'Stealing' photos of Takashi Murakami's art *love it*. Commercially known for his collaboration with Louis Vuitton and Kanye West Album Cover


The inimmitable Princess K from Manhattan & Takashi

Princess K and camouflaged by the CHEERY ;) Blossoms in Brooklyn Botanic Gardens

All that walking helped build up an appetite. Off to Willamsburg we went - and yes Princess K, you don't need a passport to get there :P. Someone tell me why are almost ALL burger joints called RELISH?? Anyway, it was excellent... Oh did I forget to mention the most amazingly random thing happened today - I bumped into my best friend (Mr Wetlands) from LONDON in the MUSEUM in BROOKLYN in NEW YORK. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I'd come all the way from KL and he'd travelled from London and we havent been in touch for weeks - and we can be at the same location in a completely different country...

to be continued....

1 comment:

tiBetnChina said...

:) Brooklyn Heights is beautiful -- I'm glad you had a chance to walk around there, Boo. I've lived there for a few years.