It's all about me

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Is Mother Earth turning her back on us?



I have been resisting blogging about the Tsunami in Japan but felt compelled to tonite as I stumbled upon a handful of personal video footage.

The most harrowing coverage I've seen is a bystander's video footage of the tsunami washing through his town. I literally feared for the videographer's life as he seemed metres away from the angry torrent of the tsunami as it multiplied in depth and strength in a matter of minutes. The water turned a deathly shade of ebony...

I felt extreme fear and sense of loss as I watched it and cannot begin to imagine how the victims of this great natural disaster felt then, and feel now.


You can view it here

Tonite I also visited a friend who just lost her Father, unexpectedly. So much sadness and loss on a global and personal level in a matter of days.

Why do such things have to happen around us to make us take stock of what we are blessed with?

Will this be the disease of the human condition that causes our demise?

------

Life is so precious.

Time stops for no one.

Let us make the most of what we have now for every moment is priceless.

So let's LIVE and not just EXIST by making every moment COUNT

Let's do this with a CONSCIENCE

No comments: