It's all about me

Wednesday 30 March 2011

How time flies.... 7 year itch

I miss Hannah

Hannah is one of my oldest school friends from the UK. We were at boarding school together and being super BFFs we shared a room for our entire Lower 6th year (not the norm as you normally change dormitory / room mates every term/simester)No doubt we got up to lots of mischief together both in and out of school - countless 'exeat' (weekend leave) and half term shenanigans and adventures. We've holidayed together and Hannah even came out and stayed with me in KL for 6 weeks during the summer of our GCSE results... *eeeek* that was forever-ago.

I dug out a couple of pix of us taken 7 years ago during a holiday together at her Dad's home in France (on a truffle farm no less!). Hannah had just met Rob, 6 weeks earlier and was going on holiday with a bunch of her nearest and dearest to celebrate her birthday. Needless to say we all had plans to put Rob through a 'friends of Hannah initiation' process. Its amazing he survived it.

What occurred over the next 3 nights cannot be put in print let alone I publish the pictures. I did manage to find 2 that I am able to share....

*Group Hug*
Hannah sandwiched between me and Rob

Couldn't be b*ggered to photoshop the obvious indulgences on the table
*oh well*
Hannah has seen me through some of my toughest times - work stress, redundancy, heartache and heart break. Suffice to say that I have missed dearly in the 7 years that I have been back here in Malaysia

7 years on and Hannah and Rob have 2 beautiful sons - Harry and Laurie and a baby girl on the way.

7 years on and I think of and miss my old buddy more than ever before - I guess this is my 7 year itch ;)

I can't wait to see them all.... very soon.

This one's for you Hans

*cue sound of smirnoff ice bottles clinking*

xxx

No comments: