It's all about me

Saturday 31 July 2010

Inception v Perception

Watched Christopher Nolan's (The Dark Night, Batman Begins, Insomnia, Memento) new blockbuster starring Leo Di Caprio 'Inception' this week.

Brilliant idea.
Brilliant movie.

One of my favourite quotes from the movie being :

"An inception is an idea that’s like a virus, it’s highly contagious. The small seed of an idea can grow to define or destroy you." (source)

-------- -------- --------

I had some of my GFs over last night - at home - chill sesh - chat - sip - gossip - laughter and lots & lots of Wiiiiiiiiiii

It was really good to be among them and I felt so blessed with the friendships I have built with each of them in the short time I have known them.

The wave of emotion took me into a few moments of reflection.

Food for thought for my hungry mind

I have on occasion, found myself wondering how it is to be, that I discover the nature of my friends' work, collaborations, accomplishments and achievements through the words of others, and not always directly from my friends themselves...

Why ?


This was a train of thought that used to leave me feeling pathetically 'sorry for myself' in the way one felt as a kid when picked last as a team member for a competitive event; Or being last to know about a rocking birthday party when you're in your teens; or an engagement between two friends whom you 'thought' you were close to.

You know.... (or maybe you're fortunate enough not to know) that feeling of low self-esteem.

Henceforth arrived a great (self)-discovery -





In all the times we laughed and joked together and I shared with them news & progress relating to my life and work, how many times did I ask :

"So how are things with you?"

Not everyone is open to telling their own story, without first being prompted. Some people are simply shy about sharing news, especially good news!

Just because I haven't asked in the past does not mean I am not interested to know - I simply assumed / took for granted that everyone expresses freely the way I do.

So, by changing my perception, I've found a way in which to re-present myself and get myself back into the loop that I had perceived myself to have fallen out of.

You are witnessing the inception of a new perception


I much prefer this idea to define my growth. Don't you love Life's lessons? I do xxx

No comments: