It's all about me

Thursday 22 October 2009

Rootz Opening @ Lot10 Rooftop 17 Oct 09

Probably one of the most talked about new venues & events in KL, Rootz had its Opening Party last week and one an EPIC night it was indeed.

Located in the area that used to be the carpark on the rooftop of Lot10, the view of the beautiful KL skyline by night, from the luscious garden that resides beyond Rootz is simply breath-taking. Talk about putting KL on the world map for night spots!

Doing an interview for YTL TV!

The soundtrack for the night began with favourite classic hip hop beatz and toonz playlisted by non other than DJ Cza with Joe Flizzow working the microphone.

With the Boyz

I then took over the decks ...

Hhhhmmmm - looking ever so serious innit *damn my headphones look nice!*

The packed room were more than enthusiastic and definitely up to party til the wee hours of morning... I felt it was time to take things up a notch...

First with the floor-filling FADE

And then with my signature song - STARLIGHT


"Yeah, yeah yeeeeee-aaaah..."

If only I knew how to put in words the feeling I get when I'm performing and I see a packed dance-floor in front of me with everyone singing along... *warm&fuzzy*
(BTW that's my hand at the bottom right hand corner of the pick!)

With my adrenaline on over drive it was time to shed the jacket -

A lil tweak here and twiddle there... as I mixed in my last track, UK Celebrity DJ Sam Young was waiting to take over...

Time for a quick pic with Sam (in the middle)

All in all an awesome night - stunning location, beautiful venue (whites, gold and red; and you HAVE to check out the washrooms for the eye-buffet!)

Hung outwith good buddy Joyce (Kinky Blue Fairy's Coverage here)

With my Sister & Manager and my DeeJay 'Si-fu' / teacher

And last but by no means least my favourite pic of the night - with Mum & Dad. Yup they were there too - unwaivering with their support and ever popular with people of all age groups. Dad always impeccably dressed and Mum never less than glamorous. I was particularly happy with my glad-rags for the night and that was thanks to the help of friend, fashionista and blogger Andrea Joan - you MUST check out her new line of hair accessories that are all designed and hand-made by her. Click HERE now.

My friends think my parents ROCK - and so they SHOULD!

Congratulations to the Management of Rootz - can't wait to return :)

No comments: