It's all about me

Tuesday 20 May 2008

Press Conference for PS the Children & Yayasan Salam Chow Kit Kids



Well today was a rather grown up and 'official' one for me as this morning I had to attend my very own and very FIRST Press Conference which was graced by the presence of our NEW Minister for Women, Family and Community Development - The Honourable Dtuk Dr. Ng Yen Yen.

To date, out of the RM138 or so THOUSAND we've received in pledges for my 10km run in the AmBank KL International Marathon (held on March 30th), we've received RM126,240 !!! Yup - that's a nice ole stash of cash innit...

So today was the day for me to hand over the GIANT (mock) cheques to my two chosen charities (I've ALWAYS wanted to hold a giant cheque, since the days of watching Blue Peter on BBC1 in the UK!).

Pretty damn cool i reckon.. i just cant bleedin well believe I don't have a photo of me holding them *aaaargh*

My two chosen charities are of course:

Protect & Save The Chilren (for sexually abused kids) and
Yayasan Salam Chow Kit Kids (for underprivileged & neglected kids)

Each of us spoke about the plight of these children; what each of these charities do to provide and protect these children; what the government's involvement is; how we tackle these very taboo subjects. I spoke about my run, my inspiration and also how overwhelmed I was to have raised all this money through something that initially was for my own gain (improved fitness!)

I also premiered the song FORBIDDEN LOVE (co-written by me) which I've dedicated to these two charities to use to help create more awareness regarding their work - together with a music video designed to reach out and appeal to the younger generation who being more media and technologically savvy, are likely to catch it on the music channels and the worldwideweb... we just need as much help and support as we can get to spread the word, song and video round... A link and embedding codes will be up VERY soon...

Dr Hartini Zainudin

Our Q&A session

THE END
(L-R, Datin Nariza Hajjar Hashim (Patron of PS the Children), Boogaloo, Datuk Dr. Ng Yen Yen, Dr. Hartini Zainudin (Chow Kit Kids)

No comments: