It's all about me

Monday 24 September 2007

September - An inspirational month

September 5th @ W Wine Room (Work)




was the night of my gig... wat a hectic day! Lawyers meeting in the morning, PT in the afternoon to help prepare boogaloo's body for the gig to come, light meal, get ready and psyched, journey to 1 utama to support Hannah T @ her gig @ Mardi Gras, rush back to town.... SHOWTIME!

It was a fantastic night with a great turn out of friends, media and supporters... Great atmosphere. Great enthusiasm. Great energy. This is what I long for in my music.... a positive inspiring response from people who relate to my lyrics and feel my music...wat a high!

The great surprise for the night was the visit from a top ranking A-list international actor and director knwon as MEL GIBSON - yup - there's no need to re-read that ....

Mel (yeah first name terms.. hehehe.. gross I know) couldnt stay long cos he was being overwhelmed by the crowd... but I had an opportunity to meet and hang out with him after my gig... as well as my buddies :) :)

(Play)



MEL
An incredibly interesting man - obviously well-read, travelled and incredibly adventurous. Interesting and progressive political views (which for obvious reasons I am NOT gonna get into). A family man - passionate about family in fact - and very much took to mum :). A spiritual intellect versed in various alternative and holistic treatments and remedies. Funny and comical. Serious yet relaxed. A joker and a magician. A star.




In the week that followed, 2 other opportunities came up for me to 'hang out' with Mel - and through these 2 chances I met 2 other incredibly inspiring people.

One - Peter, a composer - whom after one listen of a couple of my songs managed to step into my head and completely understand the wheres? whys? hows? of my music. Peter intellectualises music and its amazing. He broke down my songs into a complex combination of classic poetry, formulae & mathematical equations... We talked for hours. We discussed Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Stravinsky, Barber, Joan Armatrading, Joni Mitchell, Ricki Lee Jones, Carole King, Frank Zappa, The Beatles, Sting & Bjork.... Quite a musical trip to say the least. I was incredibly inspired and encouraged by him... :)

Two - Kata, an interior designer - she lives at a paradise location in Costa Rica known as the 'end of the world' - after only 15 mins of conversation we discovered that we have a mutual friend and the conversation just ran from there. We talked about Malaysia. Costa Rica. Spirituality. The Coast. Politics. The Power of Women. Music. Giselle Bundchen. The 'end of the world'. Travel. San Francisco. The Germans. Baha'i.... Kata has an amazingly powerful auro and I hope very much that we will stay in touch.

PARTY LIKE A ROCKSTAR (Play)

A very good friend's big 3-0 birthday party... our last opportunity to let out hair down before fasting month :)


The Birthday Boy and me :) xxx




After a good run of positive encounters and inspirational situations, UNFORTUNATELY I had a run in with an incredibly negatve person and experience on the night of this party... but my new motto, which I challenged myself by putting into play, is something that continues to drive me forward. I refuse to be derailed off this positive track of mine :)

'FOR EVERY CHALLENGE IN LIFE THERE IS A LESSON TO BE LEARNT'

SISTERS ARE DOING IT FOR THEMSELVES....

No comments: