It's all about me

Monday 27 December 2010

Location Fame - NOT. Going the Distance

Watched a movie on the plane on the way to my skiing trip. A great rom-com called GOING THE DISTANCE starring Justin Long and Drew Barrymore (lurve her!). Never before have I recognised a specific location in a movie other than famous places such as parks or landmarks... until this movie.

There's a scene in the movie where Justin's character meets up with his buddies to discuss him visiting his new long-distance girlfriend. They're eating in a diner and I instantaneously recognised the place as none other than a place I visited in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, USA, two years ago.

'Relish' The Diner in Williamsburg, Brooklyn

Yes it looks like a tin box

With a very authentic 'diner' look with a matching menu...


My picture of the diner from the inside - look familiar?
Scene from the movie : GOING THE DISTANCE (location : RELISH Diner)

Scene from 'my visit' to said diner back in 2007

(yes those blinds in the back ground are simply UNMISTAKEABLE - *trust me*
http://d.imagehost.org/0494/11147602.png

The first chance I got after getting off the plane, i got myself online and googled the movie til I confirmed I was right about the venue. Although it was bittersweet as I found out that it shut this year in July *boo* :'( *sniff* (The blog entry that confirms it here )

I remember the ambience to be authentic and the food to be amazing ... check out my blog post on it from way back in April 2007 here

Does this make me famous by association or simply desperate? Or neither? I just wanted to share with you :)

No comments: