It's all about me

Wednesday 1 September 2010

London Memoirs

Thought I'd micro blog snippets of London that I hold very close to my heart

Bustling Portobello Market on a Sunday

It's becoming increasingly difficult for me to blog without mentioning food...

Tau Miu (Sweet Pea sprout) simply prepared with garlic. This is extremely difficult to get in Asia and when you're lucky enough to find it it is normally NOT very leafy, unlike the strain you find in London

*slurp*

My London Besties :)

I took some time out to catch up with a friend of mine Greg - top drummer, beats maestro, dub master & brain behind Dreadzone - check them out (and their latest album) here

He's just moved to his new studio and Greg definitely has one of the largest collections of Vinyl known to man... here's a pic of a molecular part of it (does that even make sense?)


Greg!

And it was there that I was reunited with the beautiful memory of Steve (RIP)

During my recent trip to London I made the big decision to ship to KL my remaining items that I have had in storage for the last 6 years (yes, six years of storage costs)

It's a decision that I have kept at bay for awhile now, as moving these boxes home, for me, signifies letting go of my life in London. It may seem strange that I should feel this way after so many years, but London has always been my home - at least for most part of my adult life.

So when the day came for me to collect my items from storage, I made my way to my container with a baited breath... after 6 years, I have little to no memory of what is there!

1st July 2010 - somewhere in Edgware

The weirdest part of the day was when I got in close to see the details attached to my container.

Unknowingly
, I had come to collect my things from storage exactly 6 years to the day from when I checked them into storage...

1st July 2004

Time to let go of the past so that I can embrace my future wholeheartedly

No comments: