It's all about me

Monday 7 September 2009

i can't believe it's been 6 months!

Good Lord how did i let 6 months go by since my last post???

So much has happened for me... lots of travelling, photoshoot, music making and music playing what with my guest DJ residency at Aristo still going strong and a podcast of my mixtapes I've just started - check it out at http://boogalooboo.podomatic.com

Writing for the new album began about a month ago and i know have a collection of 20.. yes TWENTY UNFINISHED tracks... *aaargh*

Starlight got remixed by Internationally known Grammy Winner Eric Kupper and has been released on a FIERCE ANGEL compilation.... available for purchase online only. Keep your ears and eyes peeled on the mags and radio stations for competitions where they'll be giving them away as prizes.... I'll probably also run a competition from the mothership that is www.melissaindot.com

Travelling included Pangkor for my birthday, Rawa for a quick escape, Euro Trip (it's been nearly 5 years) and Phuket with the family

Ramadhan has been wonderful so far - i love the conscientious eating, the great communal eating spirit. All that yummy home prepared grub and a great, great excuse for me to indulge in all the things i don't normally eat - kueh2, biscuits, CHEETOS *drool*

It's just a shame there's been so much bad publicity for Malaysia during this spiritual month - the case of the woman caught drinking who now is to be caned, the muslim BAN for the Guinness Closing Party featuring the Black Eyed Peas (it's now been lifted, which is even more embarrassing), the cow's head fiasco in Shah Alam with no arrests, followed by a peace vigil held in the name of the cow's head protest that ended up with 16 arrests!

RIDICULOUS.

SHAMEFUL.

SHAMELESS.

SENSELESS.

I've never been more an avid fan and user of TWITTER - for me it's the best way to stay up to date with every thing that's going on. Follow me if you aren't already @ :

www.twitter.com/melissaindot (for all things 'official')

and

www.twitter.com/boogalooboo (for all things controversial, offensive, open & honest)

I highly recommend you follow our very own Marina Mahathir www.twitter.com/netrakl

On a more superficial note : Working out and trying to get my flabby body into shape has been a challenge and a half - especially with my chronic back problem but the combo of light weights, regular cardio in the form of the WAVE machine & elyptical/crosstrainer and my SUPERB Pilates teacher Sherlyn, I feel like I'm finally on the road to recovery. YAY!!!!

Check out www.nubody.com.my - it's the brainchild of a primary school friend of mine - Melissa Zecha... fantastic healing place - lovely people and lifestyle. By The Way, my teacher is fully booked - so DREAM ON!!

I promised myself i would post something here EVERYDAY to make up for lost time... well everyday for the next week that is... hahahahaha

I was thinking a photo journal-type synopsis of my Eurotrip.. so watch this space (well til tmrw).

i gotta go now... gotta buy buka food and head to a friend's place before the traffic build up

Selamat berbuka to all my muslims friends and non muslim friends who are joining in :)

xxx

No comments: