It's all about me

Monday 4 April 2011

Talent borrows, Genius Steals - Oscar Wilde (part 2)

So around May last year I blogged about the similarities in make-up concept between a shoot I did, with Kelis' make-up in her video for 'Acapella'.

Well I just watched Katy Perry's video for her latest single 'E.T.' and thought the same thing (although Katy's is pretty extreme especially with the lenses, what with her being an extra-terrestrial...)

MI

KP

Honestly, I'm quite a fan of Katy but I really don't think much of her latest single - subject matter doesn't work, nor does the 'dark' overtone and the lyrics are too cheesey -

"Imma gonna disrobe you, then probe you" - are you serious Kanye??

As for video ... it just doesn't work when someone has drop dead gorgeous as Katy, 'uglifies' herself. Big no-no for me.

Check it

Anyway, thought I'd just share my thoughts afterall isn't that what blogging's for

*ramble*ramble*ramble*

No comments: